Youth Intro to Silks
A way for kids to develop strength, body awareness, focus, and social skills while having fun.
A 6-week series that culminates in a recital for parents.
Only 4 spaces for each age group.
Age 6-8 Sunday mornings 9-10am
Age 9-12 Saturday mornings 10:30-11:30am
At Crossfit 162 Willow Street
Aerial silks is an acrobatic discipline that can be thought of as gymnastics in the air. What makes aerial great for children is that it builds strength and flexibility but without the high-impact of gymnastics or dance. If your kid loves climbing on things, going upside down, swinging on bars, and tumbling down hills, this is a great class for them to direct their energy and turn their love of movement into a skill set.
Age groups 6-8 and 9-12
Session 1 Youth Silks
September 7th-October 12
Session 2 Youth Silks
October 26th-November 30th
In these classes students will:
- Learn fundamental skills of aerial silks
- Learn about body alignment
- Become comfortable in diverse body positions (great for inner ear and balance!)
- Practice engaging muscles intentionally
- Challenge comfort zone while applying safe training practices
- Explore creative movement with music
This class culminates in a short (5-minute) recital for parents, giving students an opportunity to share what they have learned.